The more things change, the more they stay the same. Last week’s meeting of Carson City’s Board of Supervisors drew an overflow crowd and resulted in a decision to tear down sidewalk fences along downtown Carson Street, but not to go immediately from four lanes to two lanes of traffic and allow parallel parking. Perhaps later in the year ... or decade. Next Thursday’s meeting of the same board in the same Community Center Sierra Room, starting at 8:30 a.m., will tackle budget matters for fiscal year 2013-14 both for city government and the Redevelopment Authority. The authority is made …
Carson Perspective: Lead, follow or get thee to some other public forum
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?