There’s a weird vibe in the halls of the Nevada Legislature, a kind of eerie stillness, like when the birds stop chirping and the wind dies to a deafening hush just before a huge storm. OK, maybe it’s not that dramatic. But with a little more than six weeks to go in the 2013 session, one thing is for sure: There’s a lot more to come and the stakes are high as most of the big issues — budgets and taxes — have yet to evolve. Here’s five things to know about the upcoming agenda as the 12th week of …
Legislature has an eerie vibe right now
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts