The Mountain West title is up for grabs. The University of Nevada softball team swept its first conference series since 2009 with a 10-1, six-inning drubbing of New Mexico on Sunday at Lobo Field in Albuquerque. The Pack return home Friday against rival UNLV in the first game of a three-game set at 3 p.m. at Hixson Park. With the win, which was Nevada’s fifth in a row, the Wolf Pack stands at 27-19 (7-5 MW), while New Mexico is 19-28 (3-9 MW). After losses by San Diego State and Colorado State on Sunday, the Pack are now a half …
Pack pounds New Mexico in sweep
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?