In the April 17 LVN, this column was about my home in Ambler, Pa., which I left in July 1964 heading “west” with my five sons when my husband Don and I were divorcing. His family, as well as my mother, was furious with me and astonished that I would take the children far away. But I knew that their future and mine would be better out West, so I had my son Doug close his eyes and point on a map of California. That was as far west as we could go in a car. So in early July …
An incredible coincidence
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014