Fences added a lot of charm to downtown I agree with Don Gurney’s recent Letter to the Editor regarding proposed changes to the downtown area. I recently was saddened to hear of the decision to remove the fences in the downtown area. They really added to the beauty and historical feel of downtown and it seemed we were safer from the possibility of an errant vehicle when walking those sidewalks. I agree with Don’s concerns about people avoiding marked crosswalks and entering traffic lanes from between parked cars. As for the aim to make one lane of traffic into parallel …
Letters to the editor, April 27, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?