Let public decide Carson Street proposal Although I am obviously concerned about my business, the entire health and revenue generated from Carson Street businesses from the north bypass to the eventual south completion are at high risk. The 50 percent completed bypass has reduced traffic on Carson Street from 28,000 to 18,000 cars per day (36 percent). The full completion of the bypass is estimated to further reduce this by another 10 percent. City staff has estimated that the “2-lane” proposal alone will reduce traffic by another 35 percent. All retail businesses rely on traffic counts. Magnifying the further loss …
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend