I spent most of the last year living as a geographic bachelor. For the uninitiated, a geographic bachelor is a married guy who is living apart from his lovely and talented wife. The difference between being a geographic bachelor and being separated from your wife is that she can access your bank account without a court order and you can call her to complain about it without violating a restraining order — usually. When Sandra first told me that she intended to study classic art in Italy, I was all for it. I envisioned myself writing the great American novel …
Lessons of a geographic bachelor
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts