After serving just over half of her term, Barbara Myers will resign her seat on the Carson City School Board on April 30 to care for her ailing daughter, she announced this week. “It was time to do what we have to do,” she said. “While I didn’t know. God knew. He’s ultimately in charge of my life and its twists and turns. While I’ll miss you all, I will be happy to be near my grandchildren.” Myers ousted Randy Carlson for the District 6 seat in 2010. She served eight years on the Nevada State Board of Education and …
Barbara Myers to resign from Carson City School Board
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?