Acting as Carson City’s Redevelopment Authority, the Board of Supervisors reviewed the authority’s $1.7 million preliminary Fiscal Year 2013-14 budget Thursday. After spending much of the morning on other city budget considerations, supervisors adjourned as the board and returned immediately as the authority with Supervisor Karen Abowd in the chairmanship. City Finance Director Nick Providenti gave a quick review of the spending guide, which is based mostly on property tax revenues. Among items listed were more than $245,000 for debt service to handle matters from previous decisions, salary and benefits for parks and administrative personnel totaling $306,000, money for special …
Supervisors review redevelopment authority budget
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it