The four defendants charged with the murder of William McCune were all assigned death penalty certified attorneys Thursday afternoon and the case was set for a preliminary hearing. Makyla Blackmore, 20, Anthony Elliot, 20, Raul Garcia, 22, and Michael Evans, 23, are all charged with open murder against a person 60 or older and burglary in the slaying of the 62-year-old McCune, Nevada’s chief insurance examiner. Because the prosecution has maintained its option to pursue the death penalty, each defendant is guaranteed a death penalty certified attorney. Carson City District Attorney Neil Rombardo said his office has not yet decided …
Four charged in slaying of Nevada’s chief insurance examiner death penalty attorneys
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts