Bill and Cheryl Glaser, Carson City-area residents, are winging their way today to Nebraska and their 12th Berkshire Hathaway Inc. annual meeting. The Glasers have attended the Omaha event most years since their first trip there in 1998. That year, it attracted a few thousand to what is known widely as “Woodstock for Capitalists.” But last year, on their 11th trip in 14 years, the Northern Nevada retirees joined Berkshire stockholders and their families to swell a crowd 38,000 strong. “You’ve got to get there early to get a good seat,” said Glaser, an Omaha native and one of Berkshire …
Carson-area couple flies to Berkshire Hathaway meet
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts