NEED SOLUTIONS TO STOP HIGH-SPEED CHASES Editor: On March 30, late afternoon, there was a high-speed chase north on Highway 95 towards our town of Fallon. There was NHP plus the Churchill County Sheriff’s Office en route south. I had a scanner and expected to hear of an accident when it occurred to me it was about intercepting the high-speed vehicle. I listened as the officers set out spikes and set up patrol at different locations. What happened with the spike setup? This vehicle was able to get past. What were all the officers in the area doing? Why didn’t …
LVN Voice of the Community
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014