Governments everywhere seem to be getting out of hand, seemingly losing all common sense in the process. That six page document excluding amendments, the U.S. Constitution, seems to be rendered superfluous as a result. It was found after the Boston Marathon bombing that President Obama had reduced Homeland Security’s Domestic Bomb Detection Unit budget from $20 million to $11 million. This occurred long before the reductions in spending increases brought about by sequestration. Did you see that in the mainsteam media? I get tired of purely political ploys. The latest is the FAA, who deliberately furloughed air traffic controllers to …
Things governments do to tick me off
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts