Projections suggest 112 jobs are coming to Carson City, said Maurice Washington, former state senator and current deputy director at the Northern Nevada Development Authority. Washington, in a report to the Board of Supervisors, said the authority serving the city and nearby counties estimates those projections also mean 202 indirect jobs additionally and a $47 million impact. The direct jobs are projected over three years, he said. He also spoke of a campaign financed mostly with money from the Governor’s Office of Economic Development targeting California businesses. The idea is to encourage firms there to consider expanding into Northern Nevada, …
More than 100 jobs coming to Carson City, official says
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it