Golf will continue at the Eagle Valley complex, Carson City supervisors determined Thursday by a narrow 3-2 vote, following a lengthy review of the changes to the contract. “I don’t see the renewing of the contract as a reward, I just see it as good business to do that,” Supervisor Karen Abowd said. “The contract with all the amended changes is a reasonable approach to repaying past debt and moving forward with the golf course.” Supervisors agreed to change the contract with the nonprofit Carson City Municipal Golf Corp., which manages the 36-hole municipal golf course, to collect 6 percent …
Golf to continue at Eagle Valley
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it