Traffic downtown doesn’t help business Finally the wrought iron fences have come down. They do not help the downtown businesses. Those of you who will make the decision about changing from four lanes to two, please consider this. What is downtown? Well, downtown in any town is the place where most of the main business is located. You have been calling it Carson Street north to William Street (I think it should to Long Street, north of that has good parking lots). If that area is not the main business in town it is because of the parking problem there. …
Letters to the editor for Thursday, May 9
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it