Sadie Janssens, 16, was a good student growing up. But when she started at Carson High School, taking mostly honors classes, she saw her grades start to drop. It was hard to focus. So she looked into her options, and in January she transferred to the Carson City School District’s online offering, Carson Online. “I’m moving at twice the speed you do in normal school,” Janssens said. “I’m going to graduate hopefully before the end of next year.” Her story will be among several featured in a video to be posted on the school district’s website to promote the program. …
Online option gives Carson City School District students flexibility
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts