Everybody is talking about a dust-up nobody involved wants to talk about. Carson City was and is abuzz over a verbal outburst involving City Manager Larry Werner and Supervisor Jim Shirk that neither will address publicly now. Picture two boxers toe to toe trading punches, then clinching for a short waltz around the ring until a bell sends them to their respective corners. According to observers, they went at it during a recess at the most recent Board of Supervisors meeting. The clash came soon after the board took up a contract to continue operation of the municipal golf course …
Carson Perspective: Tempers flare between city manager, supervisor
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014