Aloha Medicinals President John Holliday is all ears, in a manner of speaking, but he’s really all mushrooms. Aloha Medicinals, a closely held corporation with 30 shareholders and 50 employees on Carson City’s north side, is a biotechnology business supplying 700 companies in the United States and around the world. It exports to at least 60 other nations. Holliday explained his process recently as he noted growth continues apace. “It’s a straight biotech operation,” he said, adding the firm uses a sterile tissue culture technology. He compares his Arrowhead Drive plant’s work to tissue cloning, “like growing an ear.” But …
Business is mushrooming at Carson City’s Aloha Medicinals
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend