With fences gone, curb and traffic are too close together On second thought perhaps it wasn’t the best of ideas to remove the fence along Carson Street. I was among a group of friends that participated in the monthly wine walk on May 4 and was curious as to how it would feel to walk with the fences removed. Well it felt uncomfortable and frankly a little unsafe. I realize that the fences did not provide protection from vehicles veering onto the walkway, but now there is no protection from pedestrians veering into traffic. Several pedestrians shared this concern and …
Letters to the editor for Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it