A lease extending operation of the city’s Eagle Valley Golf complex by a non-profit firm won final approval Thursday and a city supervisor will go on the non-profit’s board. As written, the renegotiated lease calls for the city to get 6 percent of gross monthly golf complex revenues. Though it won another slim 3-2 endorsement, this time with some minor changes, action on who might operate the city’s two golf course complex over the long haul remained an issue as the minority pair on Carson City’s Board of Supervisors kept pressing for a bid process. In addition, operators of Silver …
Eagle Valley’s lease approved
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts