Fee for kayakers hurts Nevada’s tourism base My name is Sage Donnelly and I am a 12 year old aspiring Olympic slalom kayaker from Carson City. I compete all over the nation and I am training for the 2016 Olympics and hope to represent Nevada and my country. A new law was recently enacted that charges $5 per boat per year. This law is unfair to kayakers and I believe it will be detrimental to the state’s tourism industry if allowed to continue. As a kayaker, I have 8 boats that I use for training, costing me $40 a year …
Letters to the Editor for Thursday, May 23
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?