As Nevada citizens are well aware, an awful lot of really bad liberal public-policy ideas come out of our neighboring state to the west. Indeed, they don’t call California the “land of fruits and nuts” for nuthin’. So it will come as no surprise that a really bad scheme to abuse the government’s very limited, very specific powers of eminent domain is seeping across the Golden State border and trying to gain a foothold in the Silver State. The scheme was initially dubbed the Community Resolution Assistance Program (C.R.A.P.) by Byron Georgiou, a partner in the California company Mortgage Resolution …
Chuck Muth: Eminent domain vulture scheme hurts the victim
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts