I recently compared terrorist attacks and scandals under presidents Reagan and Obama. Reagan did not come off well, but many right-wingers still believe that the so-called scandals under Obama are among the worst ever. This is partly because they are determined to criticize anything Obama does, and partly because right-wing media are not providing the information needed to make a rational judgment. Investigations are still going on, but it might be helpful to summarize what we do know about several of these claims. IRS targeting conservative groups: Contrary to Mitch McConnell’s claim, no one is rifling through anyone’s tax returns. …
Republican mythology vs. facts
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?