Relay for Life is here this weekend as one the largest fundraising events in Fallon and brings awareness to cancer, one of the nation’s biggest killers. Cancer has no boundaries as it affects people of all ages, walks of life, creeds and culture. Every year thousands of people fight some form of cancer, while scientists work around-the-clock to find a cure. Participants in this weekend’s Fallon Relay for Life know of someone — parent, sibling, child, friend — who has survived cancer or died from it. Every year the Fallon Relay for Life committee establishes goals to raise money for …
Cancer affects us all
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Chuck Muth: School’s story blows union’s claims to bits
- Letters to the editor for Friday, March 7, 2014
- Can Obama handle a foreign crisis?