The Hispanic and Asian populations grew more than 12 percent in Carson City from 2010 to 2012, while the number of number of non-Hispanic whites dropped 1 percent, according to new U.S. Census Bureau figures. Douglas County also reported a 14 percent increase in the number of Asians and a 5 percent increase in its Hispanic population, while the number of non-Hispanic whites there dropped 1 percent. The non-Hispanic, white population shrunk in 12 of the state’s 15 counties during the two-year period, figures show. Washoe County, covering Reno-Sparks, and Humboldt County in rural north-central Nevada each had a fraction …
Non-Hispanic white population down in Carson City, 13 other Nevada counties
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Chuck Muth: School’s story blows union’s claims to bits
- Letters to the editor for Friday, March 7, 2014
- Can Obama handle a foreign crisis?