The first week of June saw the end of the 77th legislative session and the 27th special session that followed. All of the bills that were set to be signed have received the governor’s signature. Although the Legislature was not able to fully consider or decided against several veteran-related bills, the veteran community had a successful session. The Nevada Office of Veterans Services works year-round to help veterans develop legislative priorities, then ensure veterans and organizations get an chance to meet with legislators who will carry their bills into session. In the even years between sessions, we hold a Veterans …
Caleb S. Cage: Legislative session was a success for veteran community
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?