Letter misleads about Benghazi, tea party Robin Christy’s letter published on June 14 is terribly misleading and needs to be corrected. Christy attributes the lack of security for the Sept. 11, 2013 attacks on our consulate in Benghazi to congressional Republicans denying the administration adequate security funding, when in fact the State Department itself refuted that claim and said that lack of funding was not an issue. Christy then goes on to state that the Inspector General’s report on the Internal Revenue Service targeting conservative groups could find “no evidence of a partisan motive ...” Of course, the report did …
Letters to the editor for Thursday, June 20, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014