Two women who admitted burglarizing several homes on Carson City’s west side and selling heroin to undercover officers have been sentenced to up to four years in prison. Judge James Todd Russell ordered the sentences this week for Malia Wong, 27, and Tara Lyn Stowbunenko, 28, as part of a plea bargain they entered in April. Each was sentenced to one to three years in prison on the drug charge and 19 months to four years on the burglary charge. Russell ordered that the sentences run concurrently, meaning the maximum amount of time either would spend in prison is four …
Women get 4 years for burglaries, drug sales
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts