You say scone, and I say shortcake. “You say tomato, and I say tomahto.” That old Gershwin tune pretty well describes Ardi and me when it comes to food. We rarely agree on anything, and today’s recipe is no different. I was looking for a shortcake recipe to use up a bunch of strawberries we had lying around when I came across today’s version. Originally called blueberry scone cake, it looked good, but I was struggling with the name. To me, scones are for breakfast or afternoon tea if you indulge in that sort of thing. And after researching the …
Brian Shaw: Show your true colors with July 4-themed scones
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts