I’m always happy to travel to Elko, where the Nevada Office of Veterans Services has two excellent employees, a thriving partnership with the county, and great relationships with the local veteran service organizations. We visited again last week for the Veterans Services Commission’s quarterly meeting, and it was great as always. Every time we leave, I wish we had more opportunities to visit with our staffers and the community, and to make sure we are in tune with the direction our commission intends. The commission was created in statute and has nine members. Five are appointed by Gov. Brian Sandoval, …
Caleb S. Cage: Visits provide an up-close look at sites rarely seen
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Chuck Muth: School’s story blows union’s claims to bits
- Letters to the editor for Friday, March 7, 2014
- Can Obama handle a foreign crisis?