All parties can enjoy economic turnaround For the past four years, Republican and Tea Party naysayers have been telling us the economy was tanking, and at the same time, they were doing everything in their power to make sure it became a reality. What happened? The housing market is sizzling and homes are regaining or surpassing their prior values. Foreclosures have plummeted. Unemployment rates dipped dramatically last month. Gas prices have steadied, and it’s summer with plenty of fresh and reasonable food around. Americans are upbeat about the economy and life in general. And dare I say, Republicans are probably …
Letters to the editor for Friday, June 28, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend