All of us have had at least one and possible more memories of a Fourth of July in which we celebrate the independence of this great nation. Communities on each coast and in between honor the day with parades, family activities, fireworks, music and/or sporting events. Some festivities are small, but modest, while others literally light up the sky with the extensive array of planned events. Locally, the Chamber of Commerce and Churchill County Parks and Recreation took over the planning last year for Fallon’s Fourth of July parade and family day at the regional park. In the 1990s, the …
Independence Day, eh
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend