Moving deck chairs around on the Titanic, or getting ready for a more robust economic recovery? That is the question. The answer, in those terms or others, will come from the Carson City Board of Supervisors as it considers whether to form a Community Development Department. Such a department would involve folding city government’s Planning Division, Building Division, Business License Division, Code Enforcement Division and Office of Business Development, also referred to as redevelopment, into the new unit and removing them from the Public Works Department. That’s on the agenda when the city’s governing board meets at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday …
Carson Perspective: New department proposed; would change really be free?
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Root for state or BLM? It’s an easy decision
- Bo Statham: Civil Rights Act changed the fabric of our country
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, April 19, 2014
- Silver Dollars & Wooden Nickels: BLM did at least one thing right
- Letters to the editor for Friday, April 18, 2014