Moving deck chairs around on the Titanic, or getting ready for a more robust economic recovery? That is the question. The answer, in those terms or others, will come from the Carson City Board of Supervisors as it considers whether to form a Community Development Department. Such a department would involve folding city government’s Planning Division, Building Division, Business License Division, Code Enforcement Division and Office of Business Development, also referred to as redevelopment, into the new unit and removing them from the Public Works Department. That’s on the agenda when the city’s governing board meets at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday …
Carson Perspective: New department proposed; would change really be free?
Trending in: Opinion
- Letters to the editor for Friday, March 7, 2014
- Chuck Muth: School’s story blows union’s claims to bits
- Ron Knecht: Fee hikes for college remain a flawed idea
- Can Obama handle a foreign crisis?
- College fee hikes: Why my answer is still no
- Leonardo Cardoza found guilty of murder 1 in 2013 death of Carson City woman
- Two 15-year-olds missing after Lake Tahoe ski trip
- U.S., foreign contracts lead to U.S. Ordnance expansion
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Woman arrested at Raley’s on suspicion of shoplifting
- Humboldt deputy accused of illegal stops