“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. But when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways.” I Corinthians 13:11 (NET Bible) This column’s title comes from a 2011 essay by a group called the United States Patriots Union. The original essay includes many simplistic, “feel-good” ideas meant to convince people that America had a Golden Age in the past, and if we could just get back to those ideals, our country would be in great shape. They also want to put the blame for all …
The light of freedom
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Brian Sandford: Got a breaking-news tip? Here’s how to share it