It’s not only teachers in Clark County who are able to opt out of the teacher union between now and July 15. Throughout most of Nevada, teachers can reclaim their dues money by submitting written notice the first two weeks in July. An NPRI analysis of teacher union contracts around the state found that most contain clauses requiring teachers to submit written notice to their union and/or school district between July 1 – 15 if they want to opt out. School district contracts in Elko, Douglas and Lincoln Counties do not include an opt-out period.. The Mineral County School District …
Teachers can drop union membership this month
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Sam Bauman: Make sure you know ALS laws, regulations
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014