After the past decade of war, veterans have realized two distinct but related truths about the landscape today’s service members are returning to. First, that today’s service members need specialized services compared with the services developed for veterans of previous wars. And second, that there is an enormous amount of interest and goodwill to ensure veterans receive what they need. Perhaps more important than these two realizations is the understanding that connecting the energetic support of the civilian community with those who need it most is a crucial part of reintegration. Gov. Brian Sandoval recognized the importance of connecting services …
Caleb S. Cage: Interagency Council has made lots of progress
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend