It would cost $35 million to improve Carson City’s aging wastewater-treatment plant and $135 million for a new plant, people touring the facility were told Monday. Those were the rough estimates tossed out by David Bruketta, city utilities manager and plant environmental operations manager. He conducted the tour for about 15 residents, several of them from Sierra Nevada Forums. That group is hosting a pubic discussion tonight about water, sewer and wastewater needs, as well as rate-increase plans. The forum is set at the Bob Boldrick Theater in the Community Center, 851 E. William St., and begins 5:30 p.m. Rate …
Cost to upgrade wastewater-treatment plant: $35 million
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts