The area’s only marathon this year is so crazy, it’s being called the madathon — the Genoa Peak Completely Mad or Only Half Madathon, to be precise. Organizer Kevin Bigley, owner of Ascent Physical Therapy, said the name has obvious origins. “When people hear about it, they always say, ‘What? Are you mad?’” Bigley said. And there’s good reason to react that way. “It’s called the madathon because of the elevation gain,” Bigley said. “For the completely madathon, there’s over 5,000 feet of climbing. The half climbs around 2,300 feet.” The start for both races — 26.2 miles and 13.1 …
Genoa Peak Completely Madathon has more than 5,000-foot elevation gain
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts