There are many strategies when it comes to collecting coins. One that is popular among collectors is collecting by type. Collecting by type involves collecting one coin from each design issued. Types can be broken down into a basic design or to include each change of a design. For example, we struck dimes with the basic seated liberty design from 1838 until 1891. One can collect just a single coin for a type set, or collect one each from the following slight variations. One is no stars on the obverse, no drapery hung over the thigh, stars added to the …
Allen Rowe: Collecting by type boosts coin diversity
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014