If you’ve never been to Austin — no, not the big one in Texas — you should know there is great mountain biking in Nevada’s version. It’s nearly 7,000 feet up and 6 miles from Bob Scott Summit campground, where camping is a bit brisk even in July. But it’s wondrous. Returning to Carson City brings you back from the middle of what was called by Life magazine the loneliest road in America. Life’s reporting was spot-on, not hype. It’s a great getaway three hours from home. Returning to the capital city through Churchill County’s Fallon and Lyon County’s Dayton, …
Carson Perspective: Reagan’s trust, but verify is a good policy for government
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?