STATELINE — As Stephen Curry walked down the 17th fairway Saturday, he was greeted by footballs and a basketball thrown from the gallery. He threw a long pass down the fairway, then was off-target with his basketball shot. It didn’t matter. He was having a great time, soaking up the atmosphere at the 24th annual American Century Championship at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. And why shouldn’t he? Curry, a 50-1 shot to win the tournament, scored 25 points for a 36-hole total of 47 and a one-stroke lead over Jeremy Roenick (22-24-46) and Chris Chandler (24-22-46) entering today’s final round. …
Sweet-shooting Curry in lead
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts