Trayvon Martin is dead because he was walking in George Zimmerman’s neighborhood. He did nothing wrong. His killer is now free. Seems simply wrong, doesn’t it? It’s not that simple, if you watched the trial. I did. The prosecutors dropped the ball. It’s that simple. Hear me now, Zimmerman may have indeed committed murder, but, it wasn’t proven. The prosecution and most of their witnesses did a lousy job. The charge of murder was a reach from the beginning given the evidence and the “Stand Your Ground” law in Florida. Theoretically this law allows a rapist to kill his victim …
Is it really that simple?
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: Civil Rights Act changed the fabric of our country
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, April 19, 2014
- Ursula Carlson: Russian policy could be bad for the Baltics
- Letters to the editor for Friday, April 18, 2014
- Past Pages for Thursday, April 17, 2014