I usually write about things that concern me and seniors, but at times I want to have the fun that political columnists such as conservatives Chuck Muth, Bob Thomas and Guy W. Farmer enjoy. So here’s a modest political jibe. The absurdity of gun control has reached a new something or other with four states enacting laws that prohibit doctors from discussing handgun safety with patients. No gun talk with stethoscopes! But gun control should really be a minor altercation of words since the U.S. Supreme Court in 2008 ruled the Second Amendment was in two, unrelated parts. The militia …
Do not get me wrong, I love guns
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Tuesday, March 11, 2014