Carson Sheriff Ken Furlong credits the cool headed staff of the Olive Garden restaurant and alert patrons with preventing a gun-wielding man from turning the situation into a potential mass shooting. The incident occurred at 8:55 p.m. Sunday night when an irate patron, David Paul Lane, 56, started complaining about his food and demanded to see a manager. Despite the manager’s best efforts, Furlong said Lane just got angrier and demanded access to the kitchen. When the assistant manager came to help, Lane reportedly chest bumped him before pulling a pistol from his waistband. Furlong said Lane is accused of …
Restaurant staff defuses dangerous situation
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts