Goose egg, slang for zero, was an evident goal Friday as law enforcement went after speeders on U.S. Highway 50 driving into Carson City. “We’re here doing zero tolerance,” Trooper Dan Lopez said during a break from spotting multiple speeding drivers with a laser device so law enforcement colleagues could pull them over to issue citations. At least a dozen officers from the Nevada Highway Patrol and the Lyon and Carson City sheriffs’ offices took on the task during the morning commute. It was part of stepped-up enforcement, at least through Aug. 12, and other efforts to combat injury and …
No warnings, just citations, given out on U.S. Highway 50 East
Trending in: Opinion
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Guy W. Farmer: Some ambassadors aren’t worthy of their important duty
- Letters to the editor for Sunday, March 9, 2014
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Scene in Passing: Money talks; eyeball-to-eyeball counts