A Downtown 20/20 group plan on downtown revitalization goes to the Board of Supervisors during a 5:30 p.m. board session Thursday. The plan has three components: business activity; special events and promotions; and beautification, circulation and parking. In other words, the evening is set aside for what to do regarding the number of traffic lanes on downtown Carson Street and related issues. The session earlier in the day, which also is in the Community Center’s Sierra Room and begins at 8:30 a.m., includes final action regarding the 11 percent hike in the electric franchise fee. It will boost the current …
John Barrette: City board to hear downtown ideas. Etc.?
Trending in: Opinion
- Guy W. Farmer: Root for state or BLM? It’s an easy decision
- Bo Statham: Civil Rights Act changed the fabric of our country
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, April 19, 2014
- Silver Dollars & Wooden Nickels: BLM did at least one thing right
- Letters to the editor for Friday, April 18, 2014