A capital idea for the capital city is a fair at Fuji Park Fairgrounds, business-wise and otherwise, but a look into feasibility should keep the cart behind the horse. The ad hoc committee spearheading the feasibility look on behalf of Carson City’s Board of Supervisors is stocked with public- and private-sector enthusiasts. Talk among members at the group’s meeting a week ago was of a fair next year. Some members seemed interested in nuts and bolts before blueprints, so to speak, which smacks of the horse pushing the cart instead of pulling. Four subgroups were formed to look at entertainment …
Scene in Passing: High road to high times via Carson fair?
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks to businesses from Fremont school
- Silver Dollars and Wooden Nickels: Where’s that ‘respectable’ Democratic candidate?
- Cheers & Kudos: Thanks for offering foreign film weekend