District should spend on smaller class sizes, not wireless devices The Carson City School District will be spending $500,000 on wireless technology while increasing classroom size and decreasing the number of teachers and counselors. In exchange, students receive mobile devices and $10,000 is allocated for student field trips; however, $50,000 is for administrators to have shiny, new phones. What a wonderful idea. Little Johnny can now use his new “mobile device” to search Wikipedia while he’s having troubles at home because there are no longer any school counselors, and the over-worked teacher of 35 students in a class can now …
Letters to the editor for Friday, Aug. 16, 2013
Trending in: Opinion
- Bo Statham: State can’t rely on just gaming for tax money
- Letters to the editor for Saturday, March 8, 2014
- Chuck Muth: School’s story blows union’s claims to bits
- Letters to the editor for Friday, March 7, 2014
- Can Obama handle a foreign crisis?